Arbour Valley Management, LLC has an immediate opening for an experienced Maintenance Technician. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for preserving and maintaining the physical facilities and grounds within the community so they are safe and aesthetically appealing to residents and prospective residents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide service to residents in a prompt and professional manner.
- Provide repair and maintenance on all apartments in a timely fashion.
- Complete daily work orders timely and accurately.
- Follow-up on work assignments for efficient, thorough completion.
- Responsible for off hour’s on-call duties.
- Make bi-weekly inspections of the community and report all issues to the property manager as a part of the preventive maintenance program.
- Utilize and maintain updated preventive maintenance information (e.g., location of extra parts for appliances, equipment serial numbers, and service telephone numbers)
- Responsible for all maintenance-related records in accordance with policies & procedures.
- Communicate with Property Manager regularly to report on status of all scheduled work.
- Punch unit for move-in and move-out such as walk through, punch list, work order request.
- Keep workshop, utility room, and club house, workout facility clean, orderly and safe.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of all parts, tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Bring suggestions of ways to better perform job duties and control cost.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Obtain thorough knowledge of power, water, and gas turnoffs, clean-out traps, fire extinguishers and fire hydrants.
- Assists in all aspects of the community’s maintenance, including grounds, club house, pools, hot tubs, workout facilities, custodial, preventive, corrective, deferred and emergency maintenance.
- This position requires standing and walking most of the work day. Must be able to stoop, bend, push, pull, work overhead and in tight quarters, as well as clinch tools and apply physical force. Working in all types of weather and going in and out of units is part of a daily routine. Using ladders and stairs, both up and down, with tools, materials and supplies is required.
- Seeing and hearing are important aspects of this position, as well as using both arms, hands and legs.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds correctly and without assistance. Also the ability to maneuver household appliances, air conditioners, etc., is required.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- Must be results oriented and self-starter
- Organization skills and attention to detail are essential.
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Knowledge of plumbing, heating, air conditioning, construction, and electrical
- Must be able to use all types of hand and power tools, Freon recovery machinery, air conditioning gauges and vacuum pumps
Preferred Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- EPA Certification – Universal Level
- Training and Experience:
- Two plus years in a service position at an apartment community or a related position.
- Valid Driver’s License