Arbour Valley Management has an immediate opening for a Property Manager to manage two properties with 200 units. The Property Manager administers and maintains all phases of community operations. Specific areas of responsibility include personnel functions, community maintenance, monitoring market conditions, and budget control, advertising and resident relations. Effective in resident relations and resolution of resident issues, while communicating with AVM Corporate Office to obtain approval as needed.
- Hires, trains, evaluate and supervise all on-site employees.
- Conducts staff meetings on a regular basis. Attends management meeting when scheduled.
- Develops a team atmosphere that effectively sells the quality and professionalism of Arbour Valley Management
- Supports the overall marketing efforts, offers input in regard to promotions and advertising
- Monitors the properties market conditions in order to anticipate market changes or trends that could affect their property’s profitability.
- Monitors closing ratios of leasing associates to insure requirements are met. Recommends additional training of leasing associates if necessary.
- Ensures that staff is implementing residential retention.
- Ensures compliance of Arbour Valley policies and procedures, as well as any outside compliance required by governmental laws and regulations, including, but not limited to Fair Housing, Section 504, and environmental and safety laws and regulations. Ensures that the units rented with qualified residents.
- Keeps an up-to-date tickler system to assure the timeliness of all re-certifications and/or renewals.
- Ensures that the resident file system is kept according to Property and/or HUD policy, including all necessary documents; i.e., leases, applications, certifications, verifications and certifications, verifications and re-certifications, etc. Interviews all residents to obtain information to determine that rent is calculated correctly. Keeps all other filing systems in order and up-to-date in accordance with Property and/or HUD policy.
- Responsible for understanding state landlord-tenant laws.
- Follows guidelines of their communities operating budget.
- Monitors the maintenance activities to ensure resident request and preventive maintenance are being done according to Arbour Valley’s standards.
- Reports or offers recommendations for capital improvements to Senior Management.
- Oversees the creation and editing of the Property Newsletter
- Becomes active in the local business community, as well as local Apartment Associations.
- Attends and participates in training programs as requested. Insures all on-site staff has enrolled in and completed mandated necessary courses in a timely manner.
- Interpret, evaluate and communicate detailed written or verbal instructions to staff members accurately and quickly, including answering phones, attending meetings, written correspondence or other forms of communication.
- Organize various office systems through adjusting, connecting, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending or folding for the purpose of proper records development and/or management. Ability to lift push, pull or carry up to 15 pounds for the dissemination or documents, supplies, materials, etc. to various locations throughout the office/facility.
- Have a valid Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle to perform various management tasks and errands. Must have proof of liability insurance for same.
- Must have successfully completed pre-employment screening and pass drug tests.
- Regarding hours of work, responsible for being at the property during regular work hours and advising Senior Management of any days off, either vacation or sick. Must be “on call” 24 hours a day in case of any emergencies that may arise after regular work hours.